Monday, June 29, 2009

Can I have YoUR autograph??

Ok, so the funniest thing happened at work today! I am currently working at the Gap Outlet and while I was in the back sorting through some clothes a cute girl came up to me and very eagerly asked if I was Indian! I laughed and said, well....a tiny tiny bit (remembering what my dad told me about all of the different blood that is in our family) and she got the biggest grin on her face and asked me what tribe I was in, and as soon as I answered her question she ran away and came back with a piece of paper and a pen and asked if she could please have my autograph! I was a little taken back and wasn't sure if she was serious....but she waited patiently, very seriously until I put my cursive John Hancock down on her square paper. She smiled happily and asked what my Indian name was. I laughed and said, "Well, my name is Chantell." She looked at me a little confused and said, "You mean you don't have an Indian name?" I replied, "well I guess not." She quickly resolved the problem by saying, that's ok! I'll just give you one! :) So....now my new name is Tepee! :) That is what she came up with and she was very pleased with herself! ha ha. She made my whole day!

Maybe if I grow my hair out really long, I'll get lucky and she'll think I'm Pocahontas next time? ha ha jk.
Sometimes I feel like I disappoint people when they ask me what ethnicity I am and I answer Caucasian! Some people really have an imagination :) I have been labeled as Indian, Hawaiian, Hispanic, Polynesian, and even Asian (I think that one came about because I squint when I smile! ha ha who knows!). Maybe my parents just haven't told me something???

2 comments:

  1. I so love that you are blogging again, it helps me feel like you are not so far away. About your ethnicity, you really need to answer, "mostly Swedish"! I know that would surprise most people because of your gorgeous tan but you come by it with honor through your mother and your father:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. Errrr, Or I mean, "Jah!" said with a Swedish Y in place of the J...what your mom said.

    Such a cute picture!! So are you sending autographs out to the whole family?

    I can't believe you have never met Samuel! Chantel!! And now you'll miss us again since we'll be in SL and you'll be in OH. Man.

    He is Swedish, too! People are gonna love that one!!

    ReplyDelete