Friday, November 30, 2012

West Coast Thanksgiving-Manzanita Oregon

Singing, Running, & Dancing in the Rain!
First day started off with a bang! The weather here is a little wet to put it lightly! So we thought, if ya can't beat it, join it of course!! This is a picture of me creatively trying to protect my leather boots! Silly me didn't really come prepared for hurricane type weather. Next time, Galoshes FOR SURE! But there was no way that an ill prepared wardrobe would stop me from having fun! So, I slapped on some plastic grocery bags and off I went! We ran and danced our way to the ocean in this CrAZy rainstorm!! Literally you needed safety goggles to see anything. IT WAS AMAZING! Seriously we were laughing our heads off! Meanwhile the babies were peacefully sleeping in the warm house, being watched by Jordan and Rickae. 
 This is a picture of us before we headed out into the WILDNESS. My cleaver husband wore his swimming suit and a plastic garbage bag over him! Why didn't I think of that? Oh yeah, I didn't want to freeze my buns off! :) You are much tougher than me babe! haha. 
 This was taken after! It really doesn't do it justice. We were SOAKED to the bone, full on shower status! 
 Me and my other half! Love that he is always on board to do fun, random things! He is the best! 
 After we were all dried up, well kinda (the power was out all day cause of the hurricane status storm) we went out and got some pizza in a town with power! It was delicious and the restaurant was right next to the ocean! So we took a little late night stroll! It was gorgeous. 

 Next day was the Tillamook Cheese Factory. We got to see how that delicious cheese was made :) And bought a bag of squeaky cheese to snack on! A must. 
 Then off to the Lighthouse! It really is breathtakingly gorgeous out here! The views and beaches are so pretty!




 Morning strolls on the beach.


 Bonfire at night!
 Exploring!

We had a blast and loved the Oregon coast! Thanksgiving was great and it was great to spend time together with the in-laws and the whole family. There are so many things that I am thankful for and I love this time of year! First and foremost I am so grateful for my Heavenly Father and my Savior! Without them I would have nothing. The gospel has brought such a light and understanding into my life. I am so imperfect and have so much to work on but I know that this life is all about learning, growing, serving, and loving! Each day I know that I can lean on my Savior for help and guidance! 
 I feel so blessed to have such an amazing family and a beautiful, sweet, healthy baby who is not so much a baby any more (she is growing way too fast!)! I am grateful for a husband who knows me in and out! He is my best friend. He works so hard to provide for us and I feel so blessed to be able to stay at home with our baby. I truly feel like the luckiest girl to be this guys wife! 
I feel blessed to have the parents that I do! They have taught me so much and I feel lucky to have such a close relationship with both of them! They are such good examples to me and constantly teach me with their examples. And a shout out to my sistas!! They are truly wonderful and I love them so much! They are kind, loving, giving, beautiful, hilarious, and talented women! My world would not be the same without them because they mean to world to me and I would do anything for them. I am grateful for my sweet brother that puts up with having 6 mothers! haha only boy, bless his heart! He is so great, thoughtful, and talented! He has taught me a lot and our family wouldn't be the same without him! Love them all SOOOOO much! Ok, I could go ALL day. SO I am going to stop. You get the point! Just feeling so grateful! 

Hope everyone had a very happy Thanksgiving!! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment